Monday, March 15, 2010

Twitter is to the Blogosphere as Video is to the Radio Star

What the hell, guys? What happened to the art of the blog? A fleeting thought could have less than 140 characters, but what ever happened to the more complex ideas? Don't we have anything more important to say? Hell, importance isn't even the issue; it's the depth. What ever happened to our thoughts and ideas and stories about our lives? Have we all become that boring?

Now don't get me wrong, I've been twittering as much as the next guy, and I don't hold myself above the lack of blog that I talk about. I know I've come up short on the blog front as of late, but we all know the circumstances. Responsibility will cool off in the summer as things start to warm up. The weather will change, we'll be outside, and we'll have time to relax and time to think and time to blog (with the exception of all the time we will spend hanging out).

In short, blog or hang out. Excuses will be validated on a per case basis.

2 comments:

  1. What if all my creative juices are going into my fiction and poetry?

    But yeah, I do need to blog more god damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is a tool of the devil. I'm still in shock that you joined. 140 characters can hardly do you justice. 'people r stupid' just doesn't reach the true depths of ignorance of the human race. although it has a certain irony to it that one can't avoid

    ReplyDelete