Sunday, March 29, 2009

Okay, I probably am racist

I was watching videos on the internet about why science is important, and I realized that I drew a very unscientific conclusion. After all, correlation does not imply causation. There were quite a number of variables to consider. First of all, the sample size of "people who have been working in my house" is rather narrow. In fact, for my argument, I can think of no one that I have actually witnessed working in my grandparents' home while I was the only one there. This reduces my sample size to 2. There is a good likelihood that only one of them stole it, which means logically the groups of people that are open to discrimination are men, women, Mexicans, cleaning people, people that work in uniform, people that are older than me, and a vast number of other minor descriptors that could be used to separate these people from other people.

So, I apologize to Mexico. But if you could, try and impose some shame on those cleaners. They're giving people the wrong idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment