Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to my old life

Ahhh! That's more like it! I felt like I was living someone else's life for a while there, but now it's right back to no one giving a god damn.

Don't get me wrong. I know I have friends that care. But that's just the thing, I've already got friends that care. I've completed all the achievements for best friend. I earned the title. Alex Minions; B.F.A., B.F.F.

Someone dies? I have a best friend to go to. I like someone? I've got a best friend to go to. I had a really good poop? I can tell my best friend about it.

It's not that I don't want to have girls who are friends. Female friends are great when you need womanly advice. But you only ever need womanly advice when either A) trying to get a woman, B) trying to get a woman back, or C) trying to make the woman you have happy. When you want the girl who wants to be friends, what can you really ask from them? You can't ask how to get them because they won't tell you (oh, there is a way). You can't ask them how to get another girl because either A) you don't like the other girl as much but the girl you really like doesn't care that you're interested in someone else, B) you like the other girl but by asking the first girl you tear her feelings apart because she secretly actually likes you, or C) you like the other girl more and the first girl gets angry and jealous. Quite frankly, C is the best, but I don't know if it is a likely possibility. The point is that when I'm friends with a girl and I also like that girl, I want to be with that girl. And sometimes it doesn't work out and that's okay. If we're actually friends, we'll stay actual friends because things could only end mutually.

In my experience, things that end poorly are one sided, and things that end well (end up well), are somewhat mutual. Compatibility issue = still friends. Dumped for someone else = not still friends. It's a pretty easy chart to follow.

See what I mean? Back to my usual self. Sorry I haven't been blogging. :P

1 comment:

  1. so what are the meta-achievements for the Best Friend Title?
    listening to uncomfortable conversations about one's genitals?
    sharing a hangover?
    wingmanning it up?

    ReplyDelete