Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rest In Pieces!

So, Micheal Jackson died today.

What's up with that? More importantly, why does everyone care so much? Are all our Facebook statuses wishing him to rest in peace because we are mourning the loss or because we're guilty that we spent so much of his life making fun of him? It's as if now that he is dead it's no longer appropriate to have him on your celebrity death list (other than for the obvious fact that he is already dead).

Quite frankly, this is the best publicity that he's received in a long time. I'm sorry that you're dead and all, Mike, but your time had come a long time ago. You have caught up to your career and I'm thankful for the closure.

The world is less worse off because of the death of Micheal Jackson than it is for thousands of people who die every day to which we don't even bat an eye. I probably sound like an asshole, but if I'm not going to "pay my respects" to all these more tragic deaths, then I refuse to for someone on the basis of his celebrity status. Sorry, Micheal, but at least you got a blog post. That's more than most people get.

No comments:

Post a Comment