Thursday, September 10, 2009

Marketing Mishap

I think the guys at Koodo needed to stick to one marketing plan. That, or they have a very precise list of questions they feel the need to answer at the end of their radio commercials.
Perhaps it went a little something like this:

Customer: So, gentlefolk of telecommunications, why should I purchase your particular cellular telephone service?
Koodo: Say "no" to big billification!
Customer: Ah! What with the clever made up words and all. I understand. Thank you, obnoxious teenage girl brigade. But since I am in the market to acquire telecommuncative means I have no way to contact your services. Is there an alternate course?
Koodo: koodomobile.com
Customer: The internets! The "dot com" tipped me off. Though there still remains one fundamental question: By what moniker should I herald thee so that others shall follow in my path?
Koodo: Koooooooooooooodo.
Customer: Thank you Mrs. Motorola Man. Tell him I said, "Hello, Moto," too, and a good kooooooooodo to you as well.

Seriously, that's way too many catchphrases crammed into the end of one commercial. And when I say one commercial, I mean all of their commercials. Maybe I just need to stop listening to the radios, but I fucking hate those commercials.

2 comments:

  1. I hate all the made up words. At first I was accepting of their meger wit, but now it just treads on my nerves. I get it, you guys are cheap and that's fine, but shut the fuck up with the made up words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just imagine this giant made up koodo being that can only spout catchphrases trying to be talked to by a chap from victorian england. you sir, have made me roffle

    ReplyDelete